Community Development Coordinator
Management Company: Presbyterian Senior Living
Property Name: Housing Management Corporation
Date to Remove Job Post: 7/20/2019
Job Title: Community Development Coordinator
Job Description: Position Description:
We are seeking a full-time Community Development Coordinator. The Coordinator will perform a variety of professional duties and responsibilities including the coordination and implementation of funding opportunities with federal, state and local housing programs and other funding sources.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
This position will report to the VP/Controller – Community Based Housing and will work closely with the HMC team as well as members of the Affordable Housing Community throughout Pennsylvania.
Essential Job Functions:
• Research potential funding sources for new housing or for the rehabilitation of existing housing such as PennHOME Funds, HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME Program) and Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) funding (not an exhaustive list).
• Apply for financing and manage the process from start to finish.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with tax credit investors, affordable housing industry leaders, and other related persons including local officials.
• Assist in preparation and review of tax credit applications. Assist with coordination of due diligence procedures related to the allocation, reservation, sale and closing of tax credits, affiliations, related financings, and grants as required.
• Attend and speak publicly in town meetings and various meetings on behalf of HMC as needed.
• Research, obtain and manage grants to support HMC.
• Stays abreast of information pertaining to applicable program requirements.
Job Requirements: • Four-year degree is preferred.
• Three to five years direct experience with housing and community development programs, LIHTC/HUD policies and procedures is preferred.
• Previous management experience is preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required. Intermediate Excel skills required including knowledge of charts, tables and graphics.
• Demonstrated ability to locate funding opportunities.
• Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains a professional demeanor.
• Excellent organizational skills that result in fully-documented files.
• Demonstrate attention to details including mathematical accuracy and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may reach out to Jessica Lelii, Corporate Director of Human Resources at 717.502.1797 or firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an application/resume at https://www.presbyterianseniorliving.org/employment