Facility Maintenance Mechanic II
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $30,000 - FULL-TIME
LOCATION: Selbyville, Delaware
Looking for a career with excellent benefits?
As part of the DSHA team, you will have immediate access to health, vision, and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition assistance, fitness reimbursement, retirement plan, and more while working to further DSHA’s mission of providing safe, affordable housing.
As a non-State Facility Maintenance Mechanic II, you are part of our maintenance team responsible for performing carpentry, painting, heating, basic plumbing, preventive maintenance, light construction work, other maintenance duties, repairs, residence turnovers, grounds keeping, landscaping, cleaning, snow removal, etc.
Candidates for the position will meet minimum qualifications:
1. Experience with carpentry, plumbing, painting, or electrical.
2. Knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain hand tools, hand power tools, landscaping or grounds keeping equipment and supplies.
3. Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC).
4. Knowledge of record keeping, document maintenance, and inventory control.
5. Basic computer skills.
6. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction, communicate appropriately, prioritize tasks, follow specified procedures, manage time well, and deliver excellent customer service.
7. Ability to lift and transport packages, equipment, & items up to 70 lbs; perform manual tasks; and walk multiple flights of stairs.
8. Availability for and ability to respond to problems and/or emergencies after working hours, weekends, and holidays; serves on a rotating on-call schedule.
9. Current and valid Driver's license.
10. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
All Applications must be completed by the closing date of October 18, 2019 . Visit our website www.destatehousing.com under About Us, to review full job posting and Apply! Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer