Housing Manager II
DSHA NONSTATE JOB VACANCY
HOUSING MANAGER II
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $39,093-- FULL-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: McLane Gardens, Smyrna, DE
OPENING DATE: 8/21/2018
CLOSING DATE: 9/4/2018
This non-State position located in Smyrna, is responsible for managing the administrative, and coordinating the operational functions, of an affordable/subsidized housing community in response to community needs and in accordance with federal/state guidelines. Incumbents are responsible for property and facility management, service coordination, staff supervision, and community relations. Work involves determining current needs of the site within the community and encouraging public or private agencies to provide needed programs or services. Incumbents are responsible for allocating space to user agencies, performing routine maintenance inspections, implementing preventive maintenance and resolving resident’s and others' relevant complaints and issues. In addition, incumbent is responsible for supervising building/grounds maintenance staff.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. 4 years of experience in related business, housing, or social services or equivalent Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Proficient knowledge of housing management including the policies and procedures of support services such as office administration, purchasing and contracting, inventory control, building maintenance services, clerical services, telephone services, etc.
3. Basic knowledge of principles and practices of supervision.
4. Knowledge of social service programs or other community resources programs.
5. Working knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies.
6. Skill in maintaining effective working relationships
7. Skill in analyzing situations, recommending courses of action, and effective problem solving.
8. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
9. Ability to acquire a Public Housing Manager’s Certification
THIS POSITION REQUIRES ABILITY TO RESPOND TO PROBLEMS AND/OR EMERGENCIES AFTER NORMAL WORKING HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS; SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENING; A CURRENT AND VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE; AND RECEIPT OF A PUBLIC HOUSING MANAGER’S CERTIFICATE DURING THE PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties.
* Performs initial move-in certification and processing of leasing documents.
* Performs annual and interim certification of residents to determine changes in income, expenses and family composition.
* Schedules and performs annual and special apartment inspections.
* Monitors resident compliance with MTW, DSHA and HUD rules, regulations and requirements, and takes appropriate actions when necessary.
* Monitors payment of rent and other related charges and takes appropriate collection actions as necessary.
* Determines services needed by the community and encourages agencies to deliver same to the site.
* Manages existing programs to maximize use by clients and meet service needs.
* Works with clients to resolve service problems and/or explain program requirements.
* Allocates space at the site for agency use.
* Performs routine maintenance inspections, implements preventive maintenance and provides for safety of facility and clients.
* Conducts meetings to ensure that provider agencies and site staff are informed of programmatic and administrative policy/procedural changes and to discuss inter-agency operational problems and possible solutions.
* Plans, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of site staff providing such services as building and grounds maintenance.
* Prepares, maintains and/or oversees maintenance of required records and reports.
* Meets with community groups, public/private service agencies, individuals and other concerned parties to explain services and un-met needs.
* Performs related work as required.
These include up to 15 vacation days and 15 sick day leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a year, liberal retirement benefits, immediate access to paid health, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans and voluntary dental, vision, and various supplemental benefit options.
Applications must be completed by the closing date of September 4, 2018 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: e-mail: email@example.com
DSHA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ACCOMMODATIOS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PLEASE CALL DSHA AT 302.739.4263 OR 888.363.8808 WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS. TTY/ASCII/VOICE/VCO USERS MAY UTILIZE THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS RELAY SERVICE (TRS) AT 800.676.3777.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FAILURE TO AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT. DSHA HAS A LAG PAY SYSTEM.