Management Company: Delphia Management Corporation (York Area Housing Group)
Date to Remove Job Post: 8/27/2018
Job Title: Finance Director
Job Description: Nature of Work:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Director holds responsibility for all accounting/fiscal operations, Human Resources, and Information Technology functions for all organizations under York Area Housing Group. The Finance Director must understand and adhere with the organization’s policies and procedures. The Finance Director serves as the office manager for the corporate office.
• Speak, write, read and understand the English language well enough to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Possess valid driver’s license
• Able to use appropriate means of transportation to attend meetings
• Must possess the dexterity to use a computer keyboard
• Must be able to hear with or without amplification devices
• Possess math skills for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing sufficient to perform the required tasks
• Possess critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend the importance and confidential nature of all information
• Able to lift 10 pounds
• Monitors cash flow for all entities, transfers funds as needed, keeps the reserve accounts current.
• In a timely manner, prepares the annual operating budget for each required entity for review and approval by the Executive Director, Finance Committee and the Board.
• Timely submits rent increase requests, budgets and year-end data to the corresponding agencies (HUD, PHFA, USDA).
• Accurately submits grant invoicing and required reports to all grantors.
• Accurately prepares financial statements on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis and answers any resulting inquiries by the Board, State or Federal regulators, and various lenders.
• Works in partnership with the appointed CPA firm to complete audits and annual tax returns timely for the various entities.
• Ensures monthly bank reconciliations are completed timely and all external invoices are paid by the due date; processes monthly management and project service fee invoices.
• Maintains/updates accounting policies and procedures for both internal accounting processes and staff external to the fiscal department.
• Ensures accounting internal control processes are sufficient and consistently followed to the highest level of integrity.
• Serves as HR coordinator involving the preparation of bi-weekly payroll, maintaining payroll records and tracking employee leave time; maintains group insurance coverage for employees, oversees the processing of health insurance enrollments and terminations; files/tracks and performs all relevant work related to workers’ compensation insurance; calculates SEP/IRA deposits for employees and performs/monitors other HR functions.
• In conjunction with third-party payroll provider, accurately prepares payroll tax reports as due and ensures timely filing of payroll tax reports/payroll tax deposits.
• Works with insurance broker in maintaining appropriate corporate insurance coverage (i.e. property, liability, crime, umbrella, etc.); prepares relevant annual applications.
• Files and maintains credit applications to suppliers for projects.
• Sets up new bank accounts and renews housing assistance agreements, as needed.
• Handles and/or coordinates outside assistance for computer issues as they arise in the organization; monitors software to ensure the organization is up to date with appropriate virus/malware protection; purchases software and hardware as needed for various locations throughout the organization.
• Attends Finance Committee and Board meetings.
Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director may/will occur. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Requirements: Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial or or related field, or four years of equivalent experience and knowledge required.
• Between five-seven years of relevant work experience along with three or more years of supervisory experience
• Familiarity with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
How to Apply: Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any Other Details to Post: EOE/M/F/D/V