Custodial Maintenance Worker
DSHA Nonstate Job Vacancy
Custodial Maintenance Worker
Entry-level salary: $10.77/Hour, part-time
Office Location: Smyrna, Delaware
Opening Date: 07/24/18
Closing Date: 08/07/18
This part-time non-State position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining interiors and furnishings in office and housing facilities according to sanitary standards. Also, performs building maintenance and repair work at an entry level. Work includes performing preventative maintenance, grounds work, unit turnovers, routine repairs assistance in buildings and other maintenance, lawn and snow removal, and other related work as required.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Knowledge of custodial and grounds keeping procedures and safety practices.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction and communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate custodial, grounds keeping and general maintenance equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport packages, equipment, & items up to 70 lbs; perform manual tasks; and walk multiple flights of stairs.
*This position requires availability for and ability to respond to problems and/or emergencies after normal working hours and on weekends and holidays. This position requires a current and valid Delaware driver's license and successful completion of a criminal background check.
Essential functions are fundamental, core and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties o f similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Cleans walls, floors, carpets and other interior building components by mopping, scrubbing, waxing, shampooing, or vacuuming.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures; washes windows and other glass top surfaces.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets, garbage and recycling containers, etc.
- Transports trash and recycling to disposal area.
- Cleans, maintains, and disinfects bathrooms, kitchens, and kitchen appliances daily; replenishes soap and paper supplies; etc.
- Moves and arranges furniture and hanging drapes
- Operates a variety of custodial equipment such as wet/dry mops, vacuums, scrubbers, carpet shampooers, buffers, brooms, ladders, brushes, etc.
- Uses mixtures of water/chemical solutions.
- Sweeps sidewalks and patios; assists with ice & snow removal and grounds work as assigned.
- Polices grounds and walkways for safety concerns, litter, debris, etc.; removes trash & items as needed.
- Keeps up to date about and adheres to safety requirements and standards.
- Performs entry-level maintenance work and assists maintenance staff based on knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Performs related work and other duties as required and assigned
- Performs routine maintenance functions such as replacing burned out light bulbs; changing HVAC filters; applying herbicides in walkways; watering planters; distributing and moving agency goods and materials; stocking copy paper; refilling water coolers; Making basic repairs as assigned including, but not limited to, unclogging toilet and sink drains; replacing door latches, and performing related tasks.
These include up to 15 vacation days and 15 sick day leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a year (pro-rated based on hours worked) liberal retirement benefits, immediate access to short and long-term disability, life insurance plans, voluntary health, dental, vision, and various supplemental benefit options.
Applications must be completed by the closing date of August 7, 2018 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.)
DSHA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PLEASE CALL DSHA AT 302.739.4263 OR 888.363.8808 WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS.
TTY/ASCII/VOICE/VCO USERS MAY UTILIZE THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS RELAY SERVICE (TRS) AT 800.676.3777.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FAILURE TO AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT. DSHA HAS A LAG PAY SYSTEM.