Assistant Housing Management Representative
Management Company: Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
Property Name: Norristown Office
Date to Remove Job Post: 9/30/2018
Job Title: Assistant Housing Management Representative
Job Description: This position will combine the job duties of a Housing Management Representative and an Administrative Coordinator as it pertains to the Norristown Office. The Assistant Housing Management Representative will provide administrative support and assistance to the Housing Management Representatives (HMRs) under the direction of the Senior Housing Management Representative and will be responsible for monitoring the compliance of a small portfolio of properties financed by the Agency. S/he will also represent the Agency at industry events as requested by the Director of the Eastern Region or the Senior Housing Management Representative.
Specific duties consist of the following:
1. Process (type, electronically file, scan and track) Section 8 and Non-Section 8 MOR’s and all associated correspondence, Tax Credit and PennHOMES annual reports, Proposed Development Site Visit Reports, and other Housing Management documents as assigned.
2. Process Housing Management letters of HOME and Tax Credit non-compliance.
3. Participate in a Housing Management workgroup and provide administrative support to Housing Management workgroup chairpersons, as directed.
4. Attend and provide administrative support for Rent-Up meetings and HMR Staff meetings.
5. Provide HMR’s with administrative support in preparation for the annual PHFA Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference.
6. Process out-going mail requests for correspondence generated by the HMR’s.
7. Assist HMR’s in processing/resolving resident complaints.
8. Attend trainings necessary for on-going job performance, as requested and subscribe to pertinent listservs.
9. Provide support for greeting visitors and answering the office main phone line.
10. Act as an Agency representative at industry events, as directed.
11. Provide additional clerical and/or administrative support to Housing Management staff as requested by the Senior Housing Management Representative.
12. Review, approve, and ensure continued compliance with each property’s Management Plan, Affirmative Fair Housing and Marketing Plan (AFHMP), Resident Selection Plan, Income and
Rent Restrictions, Set-Asides, Fair Housing Procedures Indenture of Restrictive Covenants,
Regulatory Agreements and all program funding guides (i.e... HUD 4350.3 etc.).
13. Ensure Accessible Unit Policy is being administered.
14. Schedule and conduct management reviews with Owner, Agent, and on-site staff per the Internal Operations Manual (IOM).
15. Participate in the Proposed Development application process per the IOM.
16. Conduct rent-up meetings with owner, agent, and on-site staff for new properties coming on-line.
17. Review all Management Agent documents for new developments prior to commitment and
for all changes in Management Agent. Provide applicable low/high HOME rents. Notify
Senior HMR and Manager of Project Operations of recommendation for approval.
18. Review and approve staffing, salaries and rents on the annual budgets per the IOM.
19. Handle property complaints for assigned portfolio or as assigned by Manager of Project
20. Review Tax Credit and PennHOMES annual reports and conduct follow-up as needed.
21. Complete and submit Quarterly Occupancy and Rent-up Reports as necessary.
22. Inform the Senior Housing Management Representative on matters pertaining to the
operation and management of assigned portfolio on a consistent basis.
23. Complete any special assignments as may be requested by the Manager of Project
Operations, the Director of Housing Management, Director of the Eastern Region, and the Senior Housing Management Representative.
24. Follow all policies and procedures per the PHFA Internal Operations Manual.
Job Requirements: Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
1. Property Management and/or Compliance experience within the Affordable Housing Industry.
2. Associate degree and/or 1 – 3 years of experience in office management or business office skills, including the ability to efficiently use the computer, copier, scanner, postal meter and other standard office equipment.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to enter data into the Access database.
4. Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including providing superior customer service to PHFA customers/clients/staff.
5. Demonstrate the ability to multitask, manage time effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
6. Maintain a good working relationship with Agency staff.
7. Maintaining a daily physical presence at the office is required to collaborate with team members.
1. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
2. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
3. Must be able to work out of the PHFA Norristown office.
4. Must be willing and able to travel, as assigned.
5. Must be willing and able to attend training sessions for continued professional growth.
6. Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel as assigned, including overnight stays.
How to Apply: Please send resumes to:
Khalifah Harding, Senior Housing Management Representative