Senior Human Resources Technician
DSHA NONSTATE JOB VACANCY
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES TECHNICIAN
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $29,825 -- FULL-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: 16 The Green, Dover, DE 19901
OPENING DATE: 04/10/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/24/18
This non-State position is responsible for performing para-professional human resources work to support the agency human resources functions. An ideal candidate will support the administrative needs of the HR Director and patiently and pleasantly respond to employee requests while handling day to day responsibilities. He or she should prefer a busy schedule and be able to perform multiple tasks as needed. This is a true generalist job with responsibility for the administration of a variety of human resources functions. Incumbent serves as ‘first employee contact’ for employee HR needs and talent acquisition, processes HRIS entries, manages records, intranet admin, and assists with payroll, benefits, timesheets, orientation, training prep, agency events, worker’s comp, and applicant services. Must be willing to do what it takes to get the work completed – many deadlines involved so dedication, accountability, and commitment is required.
Applicants must possess training, education or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Experience in human resources support positions preferably within a human resource section which includes processing human resource transactions in multiple areas such as recruiting, payroll, benefits, applicant services, records management, employee events, employee orientation, organizational charts, leave management, worker’s compensation, events planning & coordination, etc. in accordance with laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; providing guidance and information to others; researching and resolving problems.
- Experience in using standard computer software programs for scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Several years of experience, ability to work independently, and capability of handling a heavy workload fluctuating from one task to another (generalist focus) will be strongly considered.
Highly sensitive and confidential documents and human resources issues are frequently handled on behalf of the superior in situations critical to overall agency operations. Therefore, successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
This position primarily supports the Director of Human Resources. Primary responsibilities include all aspects of human resources management administrative duties as noted above.
- Review and prepare all human resources transactions for accuracy and compliance with federal/state guidelines and departmental/agency policy & procedures.
- Provide information and guidance to employees, applicants, supervisors, and managers in areas of assigned human resources responsibilities regarding the processes, procedures and program requirements.
- Research and resolve problems associated with human resources administrative tasks and responsibilities.
- Prepare memos, letters, reports and general correspondence in support of human resources activities.
- Represent department/agency at human resources meetings and job fairs.
These include up to 15 vacation days and 15 sick day leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a year, liberal retirement benefits, immediate access to paid health, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans and voluntary dental, vision, and various supplemental benefit options.
Applications must be completed by the closing date of April 24, 2018 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE DELAWARE STATE HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL 739-4263 TO REQUEST AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FAILURE TO AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT. DSHA HAS A LAG PAY SYSTEM.