Vice President - Property Management
Management Company: TM Associates Management, Inc.
Property Name: Corporate Office
Date to Remove Job Post: 4/1/2018
Job Title: Vice President - Property Management
Job Description: The Vice President-Property Management (VP) is responsible for the oversight of the day to day property management operations for TM’s entire 11k+ unit affordable housing portfolio. The VP will ensure profitable and optimal operational performance of the communities as well as ensuring customer/client satisfaction. This includes developing skilled and qualified site and regional managers, a proven ability to develop and implement property strategic goals as well as develop marketing and business plans.
This position reports to the President of the company.
Revenue and NOI
- Responsible for the oversight of the portfolio and providing direction to the Regional Property Managers, to ensure that the properties are generating the highest possible revenue and generating maximum NOI to meet the owner’s goals and objectives.
- Assist in development and implementation of individual property strategic goals for the portfolio.
- Accountable for coordination and implementation of the annual budget process within the portfolio, including the preparation and distribution of budget packages, budget expectations and budget due dates to the RPM’s.
- Performs detailed analytical review of property prepared budgets
- Responsible for monitoring financial performance of the communities, notifying the President of any material variances and ensuring that pro-active actions are taken to correct deviations from the budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the various government programs at the properties.
- Analyze trends and financial results and identify and implement ways to improve.
- Accountability for operational consistency across the entire portfolio, overseeing 14 RPMs and an Assistant Vice President.
- Set the direction of the portfolio to ensure that management practices are up to date and in line with best practices.
- Establish and maintain a formal communication program with the accounting and compliance teams.
- Oversee the training team and property management support staff.
- Work with HR to ensure appropriate training and hiring practices are in place to bring in top talent.
- Ensure that there is a culture of cooperativeness and a highly motivated team that is skilled, productive and committed to driving company objectives.
- Ensure that customer service (both resident and client) is consistent and at a high standard that exceeds the expectation of the customer. Establishing benchmarks to effectively monitor and measure customer satisfaction.
- Interact with clients on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction with the operations of their properties.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive property management experience within an affordable professional property management organization(s) including experience with third party owners.
- Experience with LIHTC and HUD properties and programs is required.
- Experience with Rural Development (RD) properties is helpful.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) or active candidacy for such designation is preferred.
- Proven process and operating results improvement in the areas of financial management (including budgeting and NOI), staffing/evaluating, and customer satisfaction is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Critical and strategic thinking skills Pro-active, financial literacy, and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to travel for meetings.
- Excellent and effective people management skills.
- Strong business planning, budgeting, and reporting skills.
- Experience with Yardi is helpful.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills with previous position.
- This position is based in Rockville, MD.
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com