Senior Director of Property Management
Management Company: Project HOME
Property Name: Full Philadelphia Portfolio Responsibility
Date to Remove Job Post: 4/30/2018
Job Title: Senior Director of Property Management
Job Description: The primary responsibility of the Senior Director of Property Management is to provide mission-focused leadership to achieve and maintain excellence in all housing & building operations. This position will integrate the department’s initiatives with the organization’s strategic direction. The Senior Director will manage strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning: Implementing property management strategies that best support Project HOME’s mission. Provide leadership and guidance to staff ensuring that the goals of the strategic plan are met. Oversee the tracking, monitoring and reporting of strategic and operational goals.
- Long Term Tactical Planning: Work with Director of Facilities and Sustainability to establish capital need plans and preventive maintenance plans for the portfolio.
- Financial Management: For the portfolio, oversee the preparation, review and management of various financial reports including, the annual operating and capital budgets, monthly budget variance analyses, tenant accounts receivable aging reports and outstanding accounts payable/purchase order dashboards.
- Intra-Dept Organization: Addressing the "gap areas" between the Property Management team and all other teams in the organization; integrating the property management aspects of resident services into a blended management team. Facilitate resolution of issues between programs/departments.
- System Oversight and Documentation: Developing a team culture that looks to the future in design and maintenance of its processes, procedures and systems; creating an institutional memory that is not contingent upon individual team members; developing new approaches to improve operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Team Dynamics and Individual Staff Development: Coaching/Mentoring: Creating a more cohesive and dedicated team; facilitating leadership development for all staff through facilitating growth opportunities; direct supervision of Directors of Property Management, Director of Facilities and Sustainability, Compliance Specialist and Property Management Operations Coordinator.
- Compliance Monitoring: Oversee the LIHTC and other compliance processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting to external stakeholders.
- Conduct annual inspections of all facilities, completing and publishing results of Annual Pride Review
- Follow-up on decisions made in Senior Management team (SMT) meetings to ensure proper execution/communication throughout the property management department.
- Take charge in high-priority crises.
- Support design of new major development opportunities and overseeing lease-up of buildings and transition to operations.
- Develop and foster relationships with government and non-government organizations addressing program and funding issues associated with the operations of our portfolio.
- Master’s degree OR a Bachelors with a minimum of 15 years progressively responsible experience in the field of property management
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of progressively responsible experience with HUD and/or Housing Finance Agency regulations in the management of affordable housing
- Minimum of 10 years of administrative and supervisory experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong organizational & administrative skills
- Experience with the development & oversight of complex budgets
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- LIHTC, COS, affordable housing certifications and experience
- Experience in managing permanent supportive housing
- 5 years Yardi experience
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires criminal background check, professional reference check, drug screen.
How to Apply: http://bit.ly/WorkAtProjectHOME
Any Other Details to Post: Project HOME offers a comprehensive benefit package, including paid time off (holiday, vacation, personal, sick time), health benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts), 401k with employer match, and sabbatical time off program.