Apartment Maintenance Mechanic
Management Company: Petra Community Housing
Property Name: Multiple sites
Date to Remove Job Post: 11/30/2018
Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Mechanic
Job Description: The Apartment Maintenance Mechanic works under the general supervision of the Facilities Coordinator for the overall maintenance of the apartment complex and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the community
Job Requirements: • Thorough understanding of building equipment systems
• Reliable ability to perform standard property maintenance tasks involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical, lawn care, and painting.
• Knowledge of building HVAC a plus.
• Ability to prepare written reports regarding inventories, preventative maintenance, inspection results and construction status.
• Ability to utilize a computer with training provided in the performance of tasks (Outlook, Word, Excel, and CMMS).
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• HVAC Certification preferred
• Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation Required
• Available to perform after hour emergency work orders (On-call required)
• Physical stamina to perform duties
• Must maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
• Must reside within 15 miles of Petra properties (Spring City, PA).
• Background check and drug screening mandatory.
• Positive approach to work in association with other team members
• Teachable –willing to learn new skills
How to Apply: Email resume to Careers@Petrarch.org
Any Other Details to Post: 1) Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
2) Repairing and/or replacing sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
3) Make ready units for new move‐ins
4) Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems (preferred)
5) Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance
6) Complete preventative maintenance program
7) Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping
8) Performs apartment and systems inspections
9) Coordinate special projects as directed
10) Janitorial duties as required
11) Snow and ice removal (required)