Custodial Maintenance Worker
Closing Date: Feb. 8, 2018
Entry Level Salary: $18,570 Part-time
Office Location: Clark's Corner, Harrington
This non-State position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining interiors and furnishings in office and housing facilities according to sanitary standards. Also, performs building maintenance and repair work at an entry level. Work includes performing preventative maintenance, grounds work, unit turnovers, routine repairs assistance in buildings and other maintenance, lawn and snow removal, and other related work as required.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Knowledge of custodial and grounds keeping procedures and safety practices.
2. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction and communicate effectively.
3. Ability to operate custodial, grounds keeping, and general maintenance equipment.
4. Ability to lift and transport packages, equipment, & items up to 70 lbs; perform manual tasks; and walk multiple flights of stairs.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AVAILABILITY FOR AND ABILITY TO RESPOND TO PROBLEMS AND/OR EMERGENCIES AFTER NORMAL WORKING HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CURRENT AND VALID DELAWARE DRIVER'S LICENSE AND SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.**
Essential functions are fundamental, core and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Cleans walls, floors, carpets and other interior building components by mopping, scrubbing, waxing, shampooing, or vacuuming.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures; washes windows and other glass top surfaces.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets, garbage and recycling containers, etc. Transports trash and recycling to disposal area.
- Cleans, maintains, and disinfects bathrooms, kitchens, and kitchen appliances daily; replenishes soap and paper supplies; etc.
- Moves and arranges furniture; hangs drapes and window shades.
- Operates a variety of custodial equipment such as wet/dry mops, vacuums, scrubbers, carpet shampooers, buffers, brooms, ladders, brushes, etc.
- Uses mixtures of water/chemical solutions.
- Sweeps sidewalks and patios; assists with ice & snow removal and grounds work as assigned.
- Polices grounds and walkways for safety concerns, litter, debris, etc.; removes trash & items as needed.
- Keeps up to date about and adheres to safety requirements and standards.
- Performs entry level maintenance work and assists maintenance staff based on knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Performs related work and other duties as required and assigned
- Performing routine maintenance functions such as replacing burned out light bulbs; changing HVAC filters; applying herbicides in walkways; watering planters; distributing and moving agency goods and materials; stocking copy paper; refilling water coolers; moving and arranging furniture, and hanging drapes and windows shades. Making basic repairs as assigned including, but not limited to, unclogging toilet and sink drains; replacing door latches, and performing related tasks.
These include pro-rated sick and vacation day accruals, up to 13 pro-rated holidays per year, liberal retirement benefits, dental, vision, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans as well as various supplemental benefit options.
Applications must be completed by the February 8, 2018 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: email: email@example.com
THE DSHA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL 739-4263 TO REQUEST AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS MANDATORY. FAILURE TO AGREE TO DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF EMPLOYMENT OFFER.