Housing Manager III
HOUSING MANAGER III – McLane Gardens
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $41,824-- FULL-TIME
OPENING DATE: 12/28/2017 CLOSING DATE: 01/11/2018
This non-State position, located in Smyrna, Delaware, is responsible for managing the administrative and coordinating the operational functions of an affordable/ subsidized housing community in response to community needs and in accordance with federal/state guidelines. Incumbents are responsible for property and facility management, service coordination, staff supervision, and community relations.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Proficient knowledge of housing management programs and procedures.
2. Knowledge of social service programs and other resources of community government and private agencies.
3. Proficient knowledge of housing related office administration, research methods, and training techniques.
4. Skill in maintaining effective working relationships with outside agencies, organizations and associates.
5. Skill in analyzing situations, evaluating information and recommending courses of action.
6. Working knowledge of, and ability to interpret and apply federal, State and local laws, regulations and policies.
7. Possesses Public Housing Manager’s Certification or ability to acquire one within required timeframe.
Has completed documented coursework and/or training in business or social service-related area beyond a Bachelor’s Degree, or 5 years of direct qualifying experience.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
· Performs initial move-in certification and processing of leasing documents.
· Performs annual and interim certification of residents to determine changes in income, expenses and family composition.
· Schedules and performs annual and special apartment inspections.
· Monitors resident compliance with MTW, DSHA and HUD rules, regulations and requirements, and takes appropriate actions when necessary.
· Monitors payment of rent and other related charges and takes appropriate collection actions as necessary.
· Determines services needed by the community and encourages agencies to deliver same to the site.
· Manages existing programs to maximize use by clients and meet service needs.
· Resolves client complaints regarding services.
· Allocates space at the site for agency use, performs routine maintenance inspections, implements preventive maintenance and provides for safety of facility and clients.
· Conducts meetings to ensure that provider agencies and site staff are informed of programmatic and administrative policy/procedural changes and to discuss inter-agency operational problems and possible solutions.
· Plans, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of site staff providing such services as building and grounds maintenance.
· Prepares, maintains and/or oversees maintenance of required records and reports.
· Meets with community groups, public/private service agencies, individuals and other concerned parties to explain services and un-met needs. Works with clients to resolve service problems and/or explain program requirements.
· Performs related work as required.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES: SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENING; ABILITY TO RESPOND TO PROBLEMS AND/OR EMERGENCIES AFTER NORMAL WORKING HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS; A CURRENT AND VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE; AND
RECEIPT OF A PUBLIC HOUSING MANAGER’S CERTIFICATE DURING THE PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
Applications must be completed by the closing date of _January 11, 2018 on our website www.destatehousing.com. (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Equal Opportunity Employer