Housing Development Administrator
HOUSING DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $58,666-- FULL-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: DOVER, DE
OPENING DATE: 12/26/2017 CLOSING DATE: 01/09/2018
The Housing Development Administrator is responsible for administering, planning, analyzing, developing, supervising, evaluating, and implementing loan programs and maintaining and enhancing the housing community via housing programs, e.g., Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Asset Management, Preservation for Tax Credit, Housing Property Loan Management, HOME, Housing Development Fund, Tax Credit, Allocations, and Compliance, Community Development, Neighborhood Stabilization Program, Community Development Block Grant, Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS, HUD-CAPER, and Offender Re-entry. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for supervising professional and administrative housing staff.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Three years of experience in financial administration such as comprehensive analysis of programs, budgets, projects, services, alternatives, and costs; financial planning, revenue generation, revenue forecasting, expenditure forecasting, cash flow management and establishing internal control.
2. Three years of experience in interpreting housing laws, rules and regulations.
3. Three years of experience with mortgages.
4. Three years of experience in bonds, capital markets, debt and equity instruments.
5. Six months experience in program administration such as overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services; planning and establishing short and long range program goals and objectives. Providing advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
6. Six months of experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
7. Six months of experience in narrative and/or technical report writing.
8. Proficiency in computer use, particularly use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelors’ Degree (or commensurate experience) in business, management, construction, engineering, finance, public policy, community development, or related field.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENING.
Essential Functions are fundamental, core functions and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
· Administers, plans, analyzes, evaluates, supervises, develops, and implements various housing programs within the Housing Development Section.
· Plans, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of subordinate staff and establishes policies, procedures, and operational changes for respective area within the Housing Development Section.
· Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes proposed and newly enacted state and federal legislation and regulations to determine the impact on current programs, policies, procedures, operations as well as the need/opportunity to establish new programs, policies, and procedures.
· Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes economic factors and market conditions to determine the need for new or modifying existing programs, policies, procedures, operations, and financial structures.
· Develops, recommends, and implements new or revised programs, policies, procedures, and financing structures to meet financing/housing needs and ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
· Communicates with state and federal officials, mortgage lenders, realtors, underwriters, banks, bond/tax counsels, syndicators, contractors, lawyers, auditors, financial advisors, developers, bond trustees, and the public to resolve problems, explain and promote programs, develop financial bond structuring and bond sales, and negotiate the financial structure of real estate projects.
· Represents the Delaware State Housing Authority and the Director of Housing Development at meetings, on committees, and in negotiations with developers, syndicators, and underwriters.
Benefits include up to 15 vacation days and 15 sick day leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a year, liberal retirement benefits, immediate access to company paid health, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans and voluntary dental, vision, and various supplemental benefit options.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications must be completed by the closing date of JANUARY 9, 2018 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: e-mail: email@example.com
THE DSHA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL 739-4263 TO REQUEST AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS MANDATORY. FAILURE TO AGREE TO DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF EMPLOYMENT OFFER.