Date to Remove Job Post: 10/1/2017
Job Title: Compliance Director
Job Description: The company is seeking an experienced leader for the compliance division. The company specializes in affordable and market rate housing, with over 6,000 units.
The Director of Compliance will work to ensure that the company meets regulatory compliance within each government-sponsored program, with particular emphasis on the IRS Code Section 42 (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), HUD Section 8, and HUD HOME programs. In addition, the scope of the position includes supervision of multiple compliance staff, direction & establishment of policy & procedures for all managed assets to be within required compliance.
In addition, the Director will work routinely with corporate management and onsite operations for implementation of programs, reporting, and regulatory requirements to ensure valid documentation for Federal, State and County rules, regulations & laws.
Job Requirements: • Four-year degree from an accredited college or university
• At least five-years compliance experience in Project Based Section 8 and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Programs.
• Strong knowledge of IRS regulation relative to the LIHTC program and HUD regulations relative to Section 8 and HOME programs.
• Recognized Certification in LIHTC program compliance (HCCP or equivalent credential).
• Strong knowledge of all associated program regulations, including Section 42, Section 8, HOME, and other required programs;
• Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills and experience working with multiple programs;
• Exhibit good judgment, practical day-to-day experience working with diverse groups of people, including site management staff, senior
management, executives, investor representatives, and agency staff;
• Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and the ability to work independently and take initiative;
• Strong written and verbal skills, organizational excellence;
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and company software.
How to Apply: To apply: Email resumes and salary requirements, for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org